Thursday, October 23, 2008

I know it's early...........


I know, I know.... Christmas is still 2 months away. But hey, I'm not the first to bring this topic up lately. The stores seem to be ready for it and I have seen a large number of blog posts about the topic already. So that being the case I just wanted to pass on some info that might help you on your way to having a "Peace on Earth" Christmas. For the past 4 years or so I have been following Cynthia Townley Ewer's Christmas Countdown. It starts at the end of October every year and is a great tool to get yourself organized for Christmas. For six weeks she posts planning sheets, ideas and to do's.

I'm a person who loves lists so this site feeds my check off addictiona. I have used the site for so many years now and have found what things work for my family which saves me a lot of time and as we all know time is a precious commodity at Christmas.

One of the best lists is an evaluation sheet. It helps you to decide what made the season special last year and what was not worth the time. I also ask the kids each year what they remember about last year's Christmas and what would make this year memorable. We all seem to go year to year not remembering any of the gifts we gave or the gifts we received, but we do remember the special things we did with family and friends. This is why it helps to take a few moments each week before the rush of the season comes to really think what is truly important. The countdown starts Sunday so check it out.


"When we were children we were grateful to those who filled our stockings at
Christmas time. Why are we not grateful to God for filling our stockings with
legs?" -G. K. Chesterton

No comments: